Selected Publications: Artificial Intelligence
1. Rashid M, Toh TB, Hooi L, Silva A, Zhang Y, Tan PF, The AL, Karnani N, Jha S, Ho CM, Chng WJ, Ho D, Chow EK; Optimizing drug combinations against multiple myeloma using a quadratic phenotypic optimization platform (QPOP); Science Translational Medicine, 2018 Aug 8;10(453).
2. A. Zarrinpar, D. Lee, A. Silva, N. Datta, T. Kee, C. Eriksen, K. Weigle, V. Agopian, F. Kaldas, D. Farmer, S. Wang, C. Ho, and D. Ho*, “Individualizing Liver Transplant Immunosuppression Using a Phenotypic Personalized Medicine Platform,” Science Translational Medicine, 333ra49, 2016. Cover Article
3. D. Ho*, C.H.K. Wang, and E. Chow, “Nanodiamonds: The Intersection of Nanotechnology, Drug Development, and Personalized Medicine,” Science Advances, e1500439, 2015.
4. H. Wang, D.K. Lee, K.Y. Chen, J.Y. Chen, K. Zhang, A. Silva. C.M. Ho*, D. Ho*, Mechanism-Independent Optimization of Combinatorial Nanodiamond and Unmodified Drug Delivery Using a Phenotypically Driven Platform Technology, ACS Nano, 9(3), 3322.
Selected Publication: Nanodiamonds
1. D.K. Lee, T. Kee, Z. Liang, D. Hsiou, D. Miya, B. Wu, E. Osawa, E.K. Chow, E. Sung, M. Kang, and D. Ho*, Clinical Validation of a Nanodiamond-Embedded Thermoplastic Biomaterial, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, Early Edition (Week of October 23, 2017), 2017. Personally selected for feature by NIH Director, Dr. Francis Collins
2. C. Hong, D. Song, D.K. Lee, L. Lin, H.C. Pan, D. Lee, P. Deng, Z. Liu, D. Hadaya, A. Mohammad, X. Zhang, M. Lee, C.Y. Wang, and D. Ho, Reducing Post-Treatment Relapse in Cleft Lip Palatal Expansion Using an Injectable Estrogen-Nanodiamond Hydrogel, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, Early Edition (Week of August 14, 2017), 2017.
3. H. Kim, K. Zhang, L. Moore, and D. Ho, “Diamond Nanogel-Embedded Contact Lenses Mediate Lysozyme-Dependent Therapeutic Release,” ACS Nano, 8, 2998-3005, 2014. Featured in over 30 international news outlets.
4. E.K. Chow and D. Ho* “Cancer Nanomedicine: From Drug Delivery to Imaging,” Science Translational Medicine, 216rv4, 2013. Cover Article
5. Laura Moore, Maria Gatica Ho-Joong Kim, Eiji Osawa, and Dean Ho, “Multi-protein Delivery by Nanodiamonds Promotes Bone Formation,” J Dent Res 92: 976-981, 2013. Winner, IADR William J. Gies Award.
6. L. Moore, E.K-H. Chow, E. Osawa, J. M. Bishop, and D. Ho, "Diamond-Lipid Hybrids Enhance Chemotherapeutic Tolerance and Mediate Tumor Regression." Advanced Materials, doi: 10.1002/adma.201300343 Cover Article
7. H. Man, H. Kim., E. Robinson, H.J. Kim, W. Liu, E.K. Chow, and D. Ho*, Synthesis of Nanodiamond-Daunorubicin Conjugates to Overcome Multidrug Chemoresistance in Leukemia, Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine, 2013. Accepted, DOI: 10.1016/j.nano.2013.07.014
8. Guifa Xi*, Erik Robinson, Barbara Mania-Farnell, Elio Vanin, Kewon Shim, Tsurubuchi Takao, Elise Victoria Allender, Chandra S. Mayanil, Marcelo Bento Soares, Dean Ho*, Tadanori Tomita, Convection-enhanced delivery of nanodiamonds drug delivery platforms for intracranial tumor treatment, Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine, 2013. (*Co-corresponding). Accepted, DOI: 10.1016/j.nano.2013.07.013
9. Paci, Jeffrey; Man, Han; Saha, Biswajit; Ho, Dean; Schatz, George, Understanding the Surfaces of Nanodiamonds, The Journal of Physical Chemistry, DOI: 10.1021/jp404311a, 2013.
10. Man, H. B. and Ho, D*. (2012), Diamond as a nanomedical agent for versatile applications in drug delivery, imaging, and sensing. Phys. Status Solidi A, 209, 2012 1609–1618. doi: 10.1002/pssa.201200470 Cover Article
11. H.B. Man, R. Lam, M. Chen, E. Osawa, and D. Ho*, Nanodiamond-Therapeutic Complexes Embedded within Poly (Ethylene Glycol) Diacrylate Hydrogels Mediate Sequential Drug Elution, accepted, 2012. (Invited Paper from Hasselt Diamond Workshop). Cover Article
12. E. K. Chow, X.-Q. Zhang, M. Chen, R. Lam, E. Robinson, H. Huang, D. Schaffer, E. Osawa, A. Goga, and D. Ho*, Nanodiamond therapeutic delivery agents mediate enhanced chemoresistant tumor treatment. Science Translational Medicine 3, 73ra21 (2011). Cover Article, featured on NPR homepage, Science, Nature, Agence France Presse, Yahoo News, Voice of America, C&E news.
13. V. Mochalin, O. Shenderova, D. Ho, Y. Gogotsi, “The Properties and Applications of Nanodiamonds,” Nature Nanotechnology, 7, 11-23, 2011.
14. X. Zhang^, X. Xu^, R. Lam, D. Giljohann, D. Ho*, and C. Mirkin*, “A Strategy for Increasing Drug Solubility and Efficacy Through Covalent Attachment to Polyvalent DNA-Nanoparticle Conjugates,” ACS Nano, 5, 6962-6970, 2011. (*Co-corresponding, ^ Co-first author)
15. Xue-Qing Zhang, Robert Lam, Xiaoyang Xu, Edward K. Chow, Ho-Joong Kim and Dean Ho*, Multimodal Nanodiamond Drug Delivery Carriers for Selective Targeting, Imaging and Enhanced Chemotherapeutic Efficacy, Advanced Materials, 23, 4770-4775, 2011.
16. M. Chen, X. Zhang, H. Man, R. Lam, E. Chow, and D. Ho* “Nanodiamond Vectors Functionalized with Polyethylenimine for siRNA Delivery” J. Phys. Chem.-L, 1 (21), pp 3167–3171, 2010.
17. L. Manus, D.J. Mastarone, E.A. Waters, X.-Q. Zhang, E.A. Schultz-Sikma, D. Ho, and T.J. Meade, Gd(III)-nanodiamond conjugates for MRI contrast enhancement,” Nano Letters, 10(2), p.484-489, 2010, Demonstrates among the highest nonviral per-Gd(III) relaxivity values ever reported.
18. X. Zhang, M. Chen, R. Lam, X. Xu, E. Osawa, and D. Ho* “Polymer-Functionalized Nanodiamond Platforms as Vehicles for Gene Delivery,” ACS Nano, 3 (9), pp 2609–2616, 2009.
19. O. Loh^, R. Lam^, D. Ho*, E. Espinosa*, “Nanofountain Probe-Based High Resolution Patterning and Single Cell Injection of Functionalized Nanodiamonds,” Small, 5(14), 1667-1674, 2009. Cover Article; *Co-corresponding Authors, ^ Co-First Authors
20. M. Chen, E. Pierstorff, R. Lam, E. Osawa, and D. Ho* “Nanodiamond-Mediated Delivery of Water-Insoluble Therapeutics,” ACS Nano, 3, 2016-2022, 2009.
21. R. Shimkunas, E. Robinson, X. Zhang, R. Lam, X. Xu, E. Osawa, and D. Ho* “Nanodiamond-Insulin Complexes as pH-dependent Protein Delivery Vehicles,” Biomaterials, 30, 5720-5728, 2009.
22. R. Lam, M. Chen, E. Pierstorff, H. Huang, E. Osawa, and D. Ho*, “Nanodiamond-Embedded Microfilm Devices for Localized Chemotherapeutic Elution,” ACS Nano, 2, 2095-2102, 2008.
23. H. Huang, E. Pierstorff, and D. Ho* “Protein-Mediated Assembly of Nanodiamond Hydrogels into a Biocompatible and Biofunctional Multilayer NanoFilm,” ACS NANO, 2(2), 203-212, 2008. Top 20 Most Cited ACS Nano papers for month.
24. E. Chow, E. Pierstorff, G. Cheng, and D. Ho* “Nanofilm copolymer platform for controlled drug delivery”, ACS Nano, 2, 33-40, 2008. Cover Article
25. H. Huang, E. Pierstorff, E. Osawa, and D. Ho* “Active Nanodiamond Hydrogels for Chemotherapeutic Delivery”, 7, 3305-3314, Nano Letters, 2007. Featured on CNN Homepage